Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Be A Snake! (4/18/2008 ORIGINAL)


Have you ever seen a snake go back to its old skin? I know this question is unusual, but roll with it…

I have yet to see that happen, given it’s a natural thing for a snake to remove its old exterior in order to reveal the new. This is also true for anyone trying to become better in this life.

For y'all educated folks, I searched the internet to learn more. Wikipedia stated that a snake removes its entire outer skin at once. And this is done several times a year.

As it relates to me, I'm getting older and I have to handle things like a REAL woman should (i.e. responsibly, wisely, etc). Old, ungodly, un-progressive thinking and behavior should be done away once and for all! This does not mean I will change all of my ways overnight. We know this happens through the renewal of the mind by God’s word (Romans 12:2). It does, however, express the necessity to make a resolve to change AND perform actions that align with that resolve (James 2:14). In fact, the resolve(s) have to be re-established several times throughout my lifetime.

Without a resolve, one is half new…and what’s the sense in being half-way new? Wearing a laid, brand new outfit is bogus if a person’s drawers and undergarments are dirty. If he/she proclaims newness, it must be demonstrated by an entire renewal…not just a visible change or fulfilling minimal requirements.

Additionally, "before the new skin is shed, the snake's vision is blurred. After the dead, decapitated skin is removed, the snake's vision is clearer." I don't know about you, but I intend on removing any old thing that is preventing me from perceiving all things right and according to God’s word. Even if means I have do be disciplined and let go of things I really want.

"[The] primary purpose of shedding is for the snake's growth; it also removes external parasites." Need I say more? In order for anyone to obtain something, or put on something new, that old stuff has to come off...whether it's dysfunctional relationships, negativity, pride, fear, shyness, etc, lay aside those weights and press towards YOUR high calling in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:14). 

There’s a position in life I’m destined to occupy, and I want to get there punctually. Snakes don't have to consult their associates to find out if the time is right for a personal change. Like NIKE® they "JUST DO IT"!. 

To all my readers, I challenge you take off that "parasite" that’s doing nothing but hitching a free ride. Be the type of person who is unrelentingly determined to become better. Because, trust me, I'm going get mines. The question is: are you willing to shed the old to get the new? Be a snake! (Matthew 10:16).

2nd Corinthians 5:17 (KJV; emphasis mines)
There for if any man be in Christ, he IS A NEW CREATURE:
OLD THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY;
BEHOLD, ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Featured In:

Piece the Script's

LovelyTwinker™ E-Store

Copyright/Disclaimer

Please note that all rights are reserved (C), individually, by the featured artists, writers, publishers, and their companies, labels, organizations, and/or other related institutions.


The posting of articles, links, music, and vid's, on this site are for the means of spreading of God's word and promoting knowledge and understanding.


Furthermore, Davis owns intellectual and creative rights to her featured articles, pictures, and videos (unless noted otherwise). Thus, republication, redistribution, and/or duplication are strictly prohibited w/o previous permission.


Moreover, not all writers' opinions and statements made necessarily reflect those of my own, and vise versa.


Davis welcomes emails regarding inquiries, possible affiliation, advertising, sponsorship, and/or business inquiries. Messages that are spam, defamatory, fraudulent, and/or unscrupulous are strictly prohibited. (lovelytwinker@gmail.com)