Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Desires of Your Heart (Psalm 37:4) (1/15/2013)


Psalm 37:4 (ESV)
Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Throughout this week, unknowingly up until this point, I've learned what Psalm 37:4 really means.

Thinking about my experiences and the lives of others, there are times when I have my own desires and wants. And there are other times when new desires are sparked by the things I go through, or by a word from the Holy Spirit (directly or through someone else).

The tail end of the scripture (and he will give you the desires of your heart.) does not mean that God will give me everything I think I want and need. Instead, He will place His desires for me in my heart and mind...that I may pursue them and obtain His promises for me...by acting in faith, trusting what He said CAN and WILL manifest...and that I'll actually have joy doing so!

Image: http://debslessonslearned.blogspot.com/2012/09/why-i-hate-running-and-what-im-running.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Featured In:

Piece the Script's

LovelyTwinker™ E-Store

Copyright/Disclaimer

Please note that all rights are reserved (C), individually, by the featured artists, writers, publishers, and their companies, labels, organizations, and/or other related institutions.


The posting of articles, links, music, and vid's, on this site are for the means of spreading of God's word and promoting knowledge and understanding.


Furthermore, Davis owns intellectual and creative rights to her featured articles, pictures, and videos (unless noted otherwise). Thus, republication, redistribution, and/or duplication are strictly prohibited w/o previous permission.


Moreover, not all writers' opinions and statements made necessarily reflect those of my own, and vise versa.


Davis welcomes emails regarding inquiries, possible affiliation, advertising, sponsorship, and/or business inquiries. Messages that are spam, defamatory, fraudulent, and/or unscrupulous are strictly prohibited. (lovelytwinker@gmail.com)