Thursday, January 10, 2013

Twinker' Review: Garnier Fructis® Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream


Twinker’ Review: Garnier Fructis® Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream

I’ve used Garnier® Fructis® products off and on for some time now, but most consistently I rely upon their leave-in conditioning cream.
This product claims to provide “3 Day Sleek” to “Frizzy, Dry, Unmanageable Hair”. Moreover, the leave-in conditioning cream contains argan oil and Garnier®’s original signature of apricot extracts.
Before I state the product’s benefits and suggestions for its use, I’ll describe my own hair.
I would describe my hair type as being predominantly 3c/4a, and when straightened, it’s a little shorter than armpit length. I do not chemically relax my entire hair (bangs occasionally) and haven’t done so for five years now. Moreover, the front half of my hair is colored in a copper tone with undertones of blond.
For me, this water based conditioning cream enables me to detangle my hair after it’s been washed and conditioned. I section my hair into several partitions and apply product as needed, from root to tip. Afterwards I apply some type of oil or oil-based product to my hair to seal in the moisture.
I do not recommend using this product on dry hair as it states on the back of the bottle. Possibly one could apply it to dried ends to re-moisturize them. Otherwise, the leave-in will feel like a film and will not penetrate the hair shaft.  In some cases my hair became more prone to tangling as a result of using this product on my dried strands.
In my opinion this product works best on damp hair, to add additional moisture to one’s hair. When used on damp hair, and the application of good habits (i.e. sealing my hair with oil, combing out all tangles and using a ponytail and single braid to bundle hair, air drying, using a silk scarf to flatten my tamed hair),  I did experience less frizz. I don’t attribute the shine of my hair to leave-in completely, as the product claims, however the moisture does make a difference in the overall health and appearance of my hair.
Check it out for yourself! Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream retails at $2.99 at most general stores.

Twinker Davis loves God, collard greens w/ cornbread, and her hometown Detroit.  Current endeavors include writing, www.lovelytwinker.com, and the promotion of practical, applicable advice. Want to know more? Follow her at Twitter© www.twitter.com/LovelyTwinker and visit http://twinkerdavis.blogspot.com/ !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Featured In:

Piece the Script's

LovelyTwinker™ E-Store

Copyright/Disclaimer

Please note that all rights are reserved (C), individually, by the featured artists, writers, publishers, and their companies, labels, organizations, and/or other related institutions.


The posting of articles, links, music, and vid's, on this site are for the means of spreading of God's word and promoting knowledge and understanding.


Furthermore, Davis owns intellectual and creative rights to her featured articles, pictures, and videos (unless noted otherwise). Thus, republication, redistribution, and/or duplication are strictly prohibited w/o previous permission.


Moreover, not all writers' opinions and statements made necessarily reflect those of my own, and vise versa.


Davis welcomes emails regarding inquiries, possible affiliation, advertising, sponsorship, and/or business inquiries. Messages that are spam, defamatory, fraudulent, and/or unscrupulous are strictly prohibited. (lovelytwinker@gmail.com)