Thursday, October 11, 2012

Twinker' Testimony!


My name is Denina, BKA Twinker! Here's some info about me...along with my testimony (written April 7, 2009)!

B-day: June 18
Twinker Davis loves God, collard greens w/ cornbread, and her hometown Detroit.  Current endeavors include writing, www.lovelytwinker.com, and the promotion of practical, applicable advice. Want to know more? Follower her at Twitter© www.twitter.com/LovelyTwinker and visit http://twinkerdavis.blogspot.com/ !
---------------------------------------------------------

I thank God for all he has done for me, and I hope that you are blessed :)

Psalm 34:19 “Many are the afflictions of the righteous…”
In my 19, almost 20 years, I can contest to the afflictions and turmoil I and my family faced. My father was a drug user for well over half of his life. And with him as the head of our household, we reaped a lot of the consequences of his decisions. We were always without money, and many times periods without basic necessities like heat and water. There were many many tears shed over the course of our lives.

Psalm 34:19 “…but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.”
(v 18, 22) “The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.”
(v. 7) “The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.”
The Lord delivered my family when I was about 11 years old. At that time we had to start over from literally nothing but the clothes on our back. And for several years later God has helped us rebuild our lives to love again and forgive others for the pain and anguish they caused in our lives. I know it was no one but God who took us out of a seemingly unchangeable condition to where we are now. I thank God that my mother’s life wasn’t taken at the hands of my father, and I’m grateful that I am still in my right mind after all that I’ve seen and experience.

Some people don’t appreciate or know the full affect that prayers have. I’m reflecting over them, and I’m learning just how effective the prayers of the righteous are. My mother prayed constantly. Church member and true spiritual family members prayed. I prayed, and by God’s grace all of our prayers were answered. God stepped in and did what my mother didn’t have sufficient strength to do; he delivered us! He showed us what he was capable of doing even though we didn’t know him well enough to have made such prayer requests. God loved us while we were sinners, and saw us as what we would become: righteous. It was then that he heard and took action to deliver us (v. 17)

If you are in doubt of anything or if you have need of something done in your life, pray. Open your heart to God so that he can come in and change things around. It is the prayers of the righteous that availeth much, and we are made righteous through Christ Jesus for the entirety of our life span.

Life doesn’t stop because of your current or past circumstances. God has the ability to change it all. No one (not even myself) expected me to graduate from high school, let alone go to college. And not only did God pave the way to college, but he made it so where I would attend one of the best schools of the country and I didn’t have any debts incurred as result.

It makes me cry every time I think about where I should have. God has the ability to turn what was meant for evil (your destruction, which is contrary to the will of God for your life) and use it for good. God doesn’t change his will about your future because of your past. He wants the very best for you. But you have to open up and let him move on your behalf. If you do so, you’ll give him room to give you the desires of his heart (Psalm 37:23-40).

Your current place isn’t your final destination, and don’t let anyone or anything tell you differently. God is not a respecter of persons; therefore, the same things he done for me, he can do for you. I pray that you are blessed by this, and know that he has purposed everything in the universe and this world for your good because you’re his claimed child through Jesus Christ.

With all my love,

Denina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Featured In:

Piece the Script's

LovelyTwinker™ E-Store

Copyright/Disclaimer

Please note that all rights are reserved (C), individually, by the featured artists, writers, publishers, and their companies, labels, organizations, and/or other related institutions.


The posting of articles, links, music, and vid's, on this site are for the means of spreading of God's word and promoting knowledge and understanding.


Furthermore, Davis owns intellectual and creative rights to her featured articles, pictures, and videos (unless noted otherwise). Thus, republication, redistribution, and/or duplication are strictly prohibited w/o previous permission.


Moreover, not all writers' opinions and statements made necessarily reflect those of my own, and vise versa.


Davis welcomes emails regarding inquiries, possible affiliation, advertising, sponsorship, and/or business inquiries. Messages that are spam, defamatory, fraudulent, and/or unscrupulous are strictly prohibited. (lovelytwinker@gmail.com)